Saturday, February 6, 2010

Before the Snow..


This picture was taken yesterday before the snow. When I woke up this morning I was snowed in. But here's my new backyard. A few months ago I went from hardly any yard to a small park. So I will make the best of it. I'm sure I can get a lot of plants in there! By the way..I can grow but I'm not a photographer. Might not get the best pictures here.


My project today was: I gathered every marigold seed I've ever collected, purchased, traded for, or stumbled upon. You name it's it's in there! Crackerjack, Disco Flame, Safari, Tashkent, Patula, Erecta, Lucida, Tenuifolia...Every species..Every kind and the list goes on and on and on.... Since I have this theory that marigolds aren't very viable over time. I Suppose Time will surely prove me right or wrong. I opened every bag, envelope, and dumped them all out and transferred to 1 bag. I have placed the HUGE bag of seeds in the fridge (for what I don't know). But I will keep them there until Spring. I am going to sow them all in a bed. Haven't decided where to place that bed. But I will come back and update on the place, size, and space. Hmmmm maybe I can get the Husband to build me a 15x20 raised bed


1 comments:

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I love marigolds. They bring nice memories. Their smell turns on certain parts of my brain, and I recall my Mom, childhood, happy gardens of the past. Please, show us that marigold bed in summer.

Post a Comment