Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's in the Little Baggies?

Acanthus Mollis

Achillea sibirica subsp. camtschatica 'Love Parade'

Aconitum carmichaellii

Aconitum lycoctonum subsp. moldavicum

Alyogine hakeifolia

Anthyllia vulneraria

Astrantia major 'Ruby Wedding'

Astrantia major 'Sunningdale' Variegated

Astrantia maxima

Bomarea salsilla (Tropical..but Didn't think it would hurt to try)

Clematis recta 'Purpurea'

Cornus florida subsp. urbiniana (wishing and hoping...)

Delphinium carolinianum

Eryngium alpinum

Eupatorium variabile

Hibiscus panduriformis

Impatiens balfourii (seems to benefit cold treatment to me)

Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate 'Shiro-gane Nishiki'

Leycesteria formosa 'Golden Lanterns'

Lunaria annua Variegated 'Alba'

Meconopsis punica

Oenothera macrocarpa 'Inca Silver Blade'

Ophiopogon planiscapus - Black Mondo Grass

Penstemon barbatus

Penstemon heterophyllis 'True Blue'

Persicaria virginiana var. filiformis 'Painter's Palette'

Roscoea purpurea

Salvia jurisicii

Salvia officinalis 'Albifloria'

Salvia recognita

Salvia roemeriana

Salvia verticillata 'Alba'

Saponaria Pumila

Tropeolum azureum

Yellow Magnolia Tree

All to be started in Spring. I will take pictures and show the method of propagating these seeds come Spring. Most likely I will place each germinated seed in it's own cell and try my best to harden them off.

4 comments:

Autumn Belle said...

Hi, Kim. I found your blog through blotanical. I see you have an interesting topic here in your blog since it is about rare seeds and growing from seeds. I hope I can help you with this post but all the names are new to me.

Alan Jolliffe said...

Hi Kim. Love the subject and will be back for more info. Many of these plants grow here in NZ. Alan

The Idiot said...

Wow, what a list of great latin names. Can I be the first to say that I don't know what a single one of them are!

I was going to do a list of my seeds (cabbage, potatoes, etc.), but it would be nowhere near as exotic.

Now, are you going to eat them, drink them, look at them or sell them to schoolkids?

Kim Michelle said...

ha ha ha! Well if I'm lucky I will trade some, sell some, give some away. Every year I go through this growing frenzy and throw hundreds of seedlings away. I just want to see the success of germination, the plants, habit so on and so on. But this year I realized that other people wanted them too! LOL So I opened and online store. I'm going to try not to throw not 1 baby away for the first time this year. I just got 3 acres 2 months ago with a new house. So I have room to play with. Gonna post pictures I took yesterday so yall can see what I'm working with. I just realized yesterday I have more seeds then I can sow in my lifetime and I need to disperse of some.

Post a Comment