Thursday, March 4, 2010

Never Say Never


In November I moved into a new house and had to move hundreds of plants. Digging potting..Thought I would loose my mind. Dirt everywhere, in the truck, back of my van..I had plants everywhere. I did the unthinkable for some gardeners. I left every single last one of my plants outside. Tropicals, Annuals, Tender perennials. I figured ONLY the STRONG would Survive! ha ha. I have more then enough seeds then I could ever sow in a lifetime. So I figured if they all die I'll start over...more plants for me! Low and behold I took a walk outside today. Every plant I was told was an annual is coming up. We just recovered from 3 feet of snow. And here I have in this picture a double flowering Portulaca. It does not look it's best but I do not think this plant is dead by any means. In September they were just a few cuttings. I received from a dear friend and rooted them outside in this pot. 3 weeks ago it had 3 feet of snow on top of it. Now if I'm not mistaken..I thought Portulaca was an annual? I now have a new belief and new faith. I have always been inclined that some plants can be acclimated to a growing zone. Now I know for sure I will continue to put every plant to the test.

2 comments:

The Idiot said...

You seem to have the knack, a bit like a plant whisperer!

I just seem to whisper: "I think it's dying!"

Kim Michelle said...

LOL!

Post a Comment